Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Minneapolis Institute of Arts - Part 2

 
Abstract Art and Modernism were the next sections we visited. I've never been a big fan of either but it was still fun to look. I remember in grade school I went on a field trip to The Art Institute of Chicago. The only thing I remember is this plastic blue square made by a famous artist. I looked at it with the mind of a 11 - 12 year old and thought, really? This is art. I could have made it.


                            This one I didn't get at all. To me it was just a bunch of scribbles.



                                                                This guy was pretty cool.










                                   Then it was onto the furniture section. It was pretty cool.





                                                          Then to centuries gone by.

























We had a great time and I wanted to eat lunch at The Wienery in Minneapolis. We found it easily but parking was another story. We could not find a place to park anywhere so we passed.

Tomorrow, I pick up the grandboys who will be spending four days with us while Mommy and Daddy go camping. I loaded up on food and I'm planning on taking them to the Red Balloon in St. Paul on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...