Thursday, June 26, 2014

Paper Tearing

The paper I use for sumi-e is Chinese xuan paper. It comes in these super duper huge sheets which you can tear down to size. I don't like to do large paintings, especially since I'm still practicing, so one sheet tears down to six sheets. I had ordered 100 sheets a few months ago and had forgotten and then reordered again. It was too late to cancel and it does go fast when you are practicing.

I've been spending a lot of time tearing 200 sheets into 1200 sheets. It's taken an incredible amount of time to do this.  It also doesn't help that it is summer so the lawn needs to be mowed and weeds need to be pulled. I'm not going to even talk about the trees and bushes that need trimming. Yikes!
 
But this is what the paper looked like when I finished. I also had some crafty kits I bought when we moved back to Korea in 2011. It turned out I was so busy with all the Korean crafting that I never had time for these kits so I'm trying to get those done now too. I'll post on them when I'm finished.
We also celebrated little Ezra's third birthday. I can't believe the little guy is already three. He is truly a joy just like his two brothers.

We've also been getting a ton of rain up here. We haven't had any flooding but we've been lucky.  So many homes have been damaged. We have already reached the second wettest June since record keeping and with the torrential rain that is expected this weekend we should easily surpass that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...